Sawgrass Recreation Park is committed to creating an environment that is inclusive and welcoming. We celebrate the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, values, and experiences of all people.
Creating a safe, welcoming space for all is a responsibility for everyone.
We expect guests, staff, and volunteers to treat one another—as well as park animals and grounds—with respect and care. By visiting the park, you agree to adhere to our code of conduct and visitor guidelines, which help protect both people and animals as well as the Everglades.
Communicate with respect.
Harassment, obscenity, hate speech, racism, offensive gestures, or otherwise abusive treatment of any other guest, staff member, or volunteer will not be tolerated.
Respect the animals and grounds.
Respect all fences and barriers. Do not enter animal habitats, climb fences, feed animals, or toss items into habitats or gardens.
Trust our expertise.
Human behavior in general can affect animal welfare. If a staff member or volunteer asks you to comply with a policy, please do. It’s in the interest of the animals in our care.
Follow local and federal laws.
This includes applicable public health guidelines, especially those pertinent to the potential transmission of zoonotic disease (bacteria and viruses that can travel between humans and animals).
Any guest found in violation of the above code of conduct will be asked to change their behavior. If the behavior continues, the guest may be asked to leave park grounds. Sawgrass Recreation Park reserves the right to involve law enforcement, change membership status, or take other steps as needed.
Please note Sawgrass Recreation Park uses video surveillance for security purposes.
Sawgrass Recreation Park Guest Guidelines
Please follow these rules during your visit:
- Sawgrass Recreation Park adheres to current Center for Disease Control, city, and state health regulations. Please follow local guidelines during your visit.
- Adhere to all federal, state, and local laws, as well as applicable government health and safety guidelines.
- Assault and disorderly conduct are prohibited by criminal law and will be prosecuted.
- For the safety of our visitors, staff, volunteers, and animals, all persons may be subject to a security screening upon entry to Sawgrass Recreation Park. This includes, but is not limited to, inspection of persons, bags, purses, strollers, packages, and other items carrying personal belongings.
- Open carry of firearms, knives or weapons is not allowed on premises.
- The possession, use, or selling of illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Laser pointers, noisemakers, fireworks, or explosives are prohibited.
- Guests are allowed to bring their own food and drink to the park.
- Respect all fences and barriers. DO NOT ENTER ANIMAL HABITATS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- Respect the animals. Do not feed animals, toss or throw items at animals or into habitats, shout at animals, or tap/bang on glass enclosures.
- Do not litter. Please place trash and recyclables in the appropriate container.
- Leave flowers where they’re growing; do not pick flowers or otherwise damage gardens or tamper with plant life.
- Fishing is prohibited off of our private dock spaces. Fishing is allowed off other general access areas. All trash must be collected when you leave and please maintain a safe space when fishing.
- Riding bicycles, rollerblades, roller skates, scooters, or skateboards is prohibited.
- Drones, frisbees, balloons, and other airborne devices are prohibited unless specific permission is given.
- Commercial and professional photography is prohibited without a permit or permission from Sawgrass Recreation Park.
- Distribution of propaganda, flyers, pamphlets, or other literature is not allowed on park property unless it has been authorized by Sawgrass Recreation Park.
- Pets are allowed park grounds only under the full control of their owners on a leash. Working service animals are permitted, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act but discouraged from partaking in the boat ride as it can be rather stressful for animals.
- No solicitation.
Sawgrass reserves the right to refuse service to any guest or customer at any time for the violation of this code of conduct. Sawgrass is privately owned and is not a public park so visitation is a privilege and not a right. The animals, grounds, staff and other customers in attendance will be treated with respect and kindness as we are a safe space for all. These guidelines are subject to change without notice. Thank you for helping us create a safe, welcoming park experience.
For Wildlife. For All.